|ext:make-gzip-output-stream stream &key level element-type external-format time file-name close-stream-p window-bits mem-level buffering pathname out-buffer-size finalizep||[Function]|
Create a gzip compression stream that writes to the given target binary stream.
- The compression level between 0 and 9, with a default of 6. Higher compression levels may give greater compression but at the expense of longer compression times.
- Indicates the element type to use. Only the character and '(unsigned-byte 8) types are supported. The default is to create a binary '(unsigned-byte 8) stream.
- The external character format to use. The default value is :default for which the value of ext:*default-external-format* is used.
- A time in universal time format to write into the gzip header. The default is the current time.
- An optional file name to write to the gzip header.
- When true the target stream is closed when this stream is closed. By default the target stream is not closed.
- Indicates the kind of output buffer flushing to use which may be one of: :none, :line, or the default :full. Line buffering is only applicable to character streams.
- When true, the returned stream will be a subclass of the class file-stream. This should generally be true if the stream is a file-stream.