|ext:make-xml-character-conversion-stream stream &key input output close-stream-p buffering in-buffer-size out-buffer-size finalizep pathname||[Function]|
Create a character conversion stream that reads or writes the given binary stream with the character encoding determined from the XML file byte order mark and document declaration. The stream input buffer is used to read ahead and must be large enough to read the encoding declaration. If there is a byte order mark then it is consumed, but no content is consumed. The declared encoding string, if any, is returned as a second value and may differ from the stream encoding if it was not compatible with the initial encoding used to read the declaration. End-of-line termination conversion may be applied to be resulting stream, see: ext:make-eol-conversion-stream.
- If true, allow input operations. This is the default if neither :input or :output is specified.
- If true, allow output operations.
- If true then the target stream is closed when this stream is closed.
- Indicates the kind of output buffer flushing to use which may be one of: :none, :line, or the default :full.
- When true, the returned stream will be a subclass of the class file-stream. This should generally be true if the stream is a file-stream.